Sunday, September 6, 2009

More Great Obama Facebook Discussion

Brady Speers voted 'No' in the poll! What's your opinion?
Brady voted in the Obama School Address Response Poll along with over 49,665 other people.

Should President Obama be allowed to address the nation's school children without a response from the opposition?
- Yes
- No
- I don't care

Yesterday at 11:33am · Comment · Like / Unlike · Take this Poll · See Other Polls

Brady Speers - only AFTER all parents are able to read the text of his comments first. He has too much power to be given free reign into the minds of our children without accountability.

Roy Hayhurst - Agreed!

Meredith Clayton Allen -Would you have taken the same position if Bush wanted to speak to schoolchildren? Just curious.

Bunky McMahon - We wouldn't have had to worry if President Bush had wanted to do the same thing. At least we know he is an American citizen, and not trying to socalize our country.

Brady Speers -I don't think anyone without a parents consent in tht powerful of a position should have unbridled access to my childs head. BUT no, I would not be as concerned with Bush or Clinton for that matter. Gore, Michael Moore and Obama are on the same wavelength for me and all would get a big fat no from me. Just being honest.

Clayton Allen - I'm fine with honest. I was just wondering. Not asking if you'd be as concerned. I get that you wouldn't be, and that's a valid position. And I'm sure you acknowledge that there are others who would have been more concerned with a Bush speech than an Obama one. And that's a valid position, regardless of whether people want to admit it or not... Read More. My shock through this current brouhaha is that there is any objection to the President speaking to schoolchildren. He IS the President. His speeches--even to schoolchildren--shouldn't have to be vetted by us first. I have trouble believing that there is really an honest to goodness concern among detractors here that Obama is going to say something horrific to our kids. I mean, really? What is it that he is going to say that is going to ruin our children forever? What is the feared agenda with this speech? And why is it insufficient to say, as a parent,


Meredith Clayton Allen - [Ran out of room!] Cont'd .... "I will let my child hear these ideas, and then I will explain to my child why I do or do not agree with those ideas. And while I'm at it, I'll try to explain the benefit and the basis for the opposing opinion, b/c doing so: (A) helps my child understand the issue better; (B) helps my child become a more well informed and well-rounded individual; (C) helps my child formulate their own opinions on the issue; or even (D) helps my child formulate better arguments that align with mine so they can go out there and try to convert more people to my way of thinking"? The fact that an honest disagreement and difference of opinion on politics, policy, or even something as taboo as religion has become impossible to have in this country scares me to death.

Brady Speers - Good thoughts for real and for the most part I agree. It does provide a great oppty for discussion and such. But I have studied Obama in great detail. He has a very scarry agenda and value system - more radical than any before him and more extreme than any President with his kind of power in our history. Now, you won't hear or see that in mainstream media, because Obama is their man. They love the guy. Why wouldn't they? He supports all things that go against our historical, conservative, Christian value system (and I do mean ALL). This man has surrounded his entire life with anti-American, racist, anti-freedom believing people so I think he deserves being watched more carefully than others like Bush, Clinton and the likes.

You also have to consider age in this matter. Certainly, a high schooler is more able to logically process and think through matters more than a 7 year old. But things said to a 7 year old can stick forever, especially if said by one revered as high as God himself like our President is. It is a parents role to GUIDE and LEAD our children into the ... Read Morevalue systems and belief systems we deem as appropriate. It is a careful line to walk though between letting them choose their own paths and pointing them to them one we know is best. But to just give kids free reign to “find their own way” is what leads many kids down very dangerous roads. They are CHILDREN which means they need a guide, not just a listener. I am very grateful my parents let me think for myself but still provided boundaries and held me to certain expectations. I.E. As long as you live here, you WILL go to church and you WILL act morally, etc.

This is why I still see it as so important for a parent to know who our leaders REALLY ARE and stand up against them when they act out of line or try and push their way into our lives. He works for you and me, not us working for him. Yes, he is the President, but he is OUR President – we the people – and he is supposed to represent our thinking and so far this man hasn’t which is why his poll numbers are already well below 50% nation wide in just 8 short months. Ok, I am done!

No comments: